Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This week's menu...

Is there someway you can make it so you don't have to re-look through all of your Pinterest recipes (don't ask how many times it took me to finally spell recipe right) to find the one you want? I feel like there should be some way to put certain pins in a place so you don't have to look through a million. I don't know. Anywho, I didn't want to have to re-look through my pins later this week, so I decided I'd make a post where I could just click on the exact link. As a result, you all get to know what we're eating for dinner this week!

Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Alfredo Roll Ups
Mexican Pizza 
-Whenever a recipe calls for ground beef, I always use turkey beef. It is a little more expensive, but we just aren't huge red meat people. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE STAKE! But overall, we just don't eat a lot of red meat. We like to buy the turkey beef in bulk from Costco or Sam's Club (Sam's has Jennie-O, which is my favorite). Then we just separate the meat into one poundish sections and put them in individual freezer bags. Whenever I'll be using the beef I just take it out of the freezer the day before to make sure it thaws. Easy! (and cheaper)
-Also, you can buy hard shell corn tortillas. Maybe frying and baking yourself taste better to some people, but I can't tell the difference. I think sometimes as moms and internet searchers, we feel like we have to make life harder on ourselves over achieve. I'm all about simplicity!
-Mexican Pizzas remind me of my Grandma Cora, haha. When I was little, if we went to Taco Bell we always had to get tacos or something else equivalent in price. However, Grandma always let us get whatever we wanted and this is what I ALWAYS got when I was with her. So random (and slightly gross) to think about, but it always felt like such a treat.
Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole (slow cooker)
-This one is really random, but I am so over the food we've been eating. I need some new food to add into our line up. So this week's menu is a little odd, but I just need to spice up our dinners.

Let me know if you use any of these and your experience, or if you've done them in the past. I always love to know what other people are eating for dinner, so please please please share what you've been eating lately. Can you tell we're in a dinner slump?


3 comments:

  1. I seriously use so many Pinterest recipes. I review each recipe, before I pin it, to make sure it doesn't use anything I'm just never going to buy. I copy and paste the recipes into Microsoft word and print them out. I have a full binder full of recipes in those protection sheets. I try out probably 1-3 new recipes a week. I plan out my menu every two weeks. My new menu list starts tomorrow- here is our menu for the last two weeks:
    White bean & tiny pasta soup/crusty artisan bread (2x-we had these left overs for another dinner)
    Creamy chicken and rotini primavera (2x)
    Shrimp tostadas/Mexican rice
    Fajitas/Mexican rice (used leftover rice from the tostadas)
    Taco pasta/broccoli/corn
    Baked cod/long grain rice/frozen veggies
    White chicken chili (used leftovers for lunches)
    Shrimp & tilapia tacos/rice pilaf
    Tomato basil fish/couscous/broccoli
    Homemade pizza/salad
    -then I always save two nights for random left overs. I call it "clean out the fridge dinner" and I usually make breakfast food one night because we always have stuff for scrambles eggs/pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ok so I realized I had my upcoming menu on the back of this paper so I hope you were serious about really wanting to know what people eat!!! I really am a menu planning need. It's like a game/puzzle for me to use ingredients I already have on hand. I need some hobbies, clearly.
    Our next two weeks of dinners:(we are doing an over night trip this weekend so it's smaller)
    Wonton tacos/rice pilaf/fresh pineapple (it's on sale)
    Rachael rays tilapia/rice/veggie
    Spicy sausage pasta skillet
    Ham & pineapple quesadillas/fresh pineapple
    Rigatoni with broccoli and sausage
    Blt pasta salad/marinated chicken
    Homemade Hawaiian pizza/salad
    Stuffed shells/salad
    Taco pasta/corn

    This is a crazy Pinterest recipe week because I have been pinning food like mad. The majority of those are new recipes I'm trying out.

    Don't hate me for the novel comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, I love this!! You know how you get in a slump where the "new meals" from a few months ago are now so boring to you? That's how I've been feeling! I also haven't been pinning on Pinterest lately and need to get back on it. I like how you read it before you pin it. I need to start doing that because there have been several I've been really excited about...only to find out they called for some crazy stuff you can only get at Korean grocery stores (or something random like that!) haha, thank you!! I'm totally going to go through your list and see what we can use!

    ReplyDelete