Monday, April 1, 2013

7 Days of Easter: Day 5 Friendship, Perfect Law of Love

By now you can probably figure that I stuck to John this year. Since I got this idea the day that I was going to start it, I didn't have a whole lot of time to dive into it as much as I will want to in the future. Day 5 was all about, what the scriptures call, the "Perfect Law of Love." With all that has been going on in my life lately (here), whenever I see the words 'friend' or 'friendship' in the scriptures, I pay closer attention. At the end of the day, the best example of how to be the best friend possible can be found within the example Jesus Christ set for us. For this day, read John 15: 9-15.

J is a singer! She loves to sing and dance. I love it because it is a nice glimps into her growing personality when she does. For this day, we would sing different songs about being a friend or songs that help us see the love that Christ has for us. Here are a few examples of songs we sing in our house.

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
Love One Another
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
I Feel My Savior's Love
I Know My Father Lives
I'll Walk with You

Any other songs you'd add to the list? Obviously, my scope is based within the LDS church. None LDS friends, are there any from your faith, or those that you just know, that help you or your kids better understand the love that Christ has for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment