Thursday, April 25, 2013

Remember that annoying person? Boo-yah!

Has anyone been watching the new NBC show, Ready for Love? I love it! It's not your typical 'Bachelorette' sort of show (don't get me wrong, I can get sucked right into those too)! This show takes three bachelors and, using three professional Match Makers, they find nine possible candidates and date them...all while being filmed and viewed on national television, totally natural.

On the show this week, one of the bachelors, Ernesto, sent his sister to spend time with his girls--only, she was in disguise so they didn't know. He wanted to see what the girls were like when he wasn't around. I LOVED IT! They don't have the exact clip that I want online, but if you go to minute 37, that's where it starts.


If you don't feel like watching the clip, basically one girl is super rude to his sister. She treats her like she's the "help" and keeps calling her annoying. When Ernesto reveals who his spy is, you can tell the girl is so scared! She realizes she's been such a jerk and even pulls him aside to tell him how she isn't like that and was raised differently.

It was always a huge deal in my family growing up to be nice to everyone we came in contact with. I've never been perfect at it, but that was always what I strived for. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would throw a huge prime rib and king crab dinner every year for the custodians at the school where she taught. It wasn't something in her contract or something the school asked her to do (although, I think they did fund it). It was just what she felt was the right thing to do. She would actually go in on a Sunday night because that's what worked best for their lunch schedule.

It's funny because, a lot of times people are rude to custodians, but even at a young age I started to realize that the custodians are the people you want on your side! They have a key to every room and can always help you out when you're in a bind. Obviously, you should be nice regardless, but it's always nice when there's an added bonus.

This is a random post, but I couldn't get over what sweet justice it was! I love when kindness wins and people are brought back to the simple values that should always guide our everyday interactions. Let's be honest here, this was a great reminder for me too! I spend so much time with just J and I during the day, sometimes when I come in contact with people I'm in my own world. It was good for me to acknowledge how important it is to be mindful of who is around me and how I treat them.

I'm also so happy to be done with dating for the rest of my life...but that's an entirely different post!



No comments:

Post a Comment