Monday, June 21, 2010

No longer a mountain cat..?


When I was in high school, I went to A.J. Dimond High School, home of the Lynx!


When I was in college, I went to Brigham Young University, home of the Cougars!

When I............GOT MY FIRST TEACHING JOB, at Cottonwood High School, I BECAME A COLT!!!!!!!!!!

That's right folks! I am Cottonwood High Schools newest addition to their faculty. I will be teaching absolutely NOTHING I am currently certified for haha, which means I'll be taking a couple more classes, but I am nothing less thanSTOKED and EXCITED for this awesome opportunity! I'll be teaching Intro to Health Science (basically anatomy/physiology meets exploration of health professions) and Medical Terminology. I am surprisingly WAY more nervous about Medical Terminology because I don't have a ton of ideas at this point on how I want to structure the class. Luckily, the good people at Granite School District have set me up with a mentor that graduated from my same program at BYU and had to go through the certification process just like I will, so she knows what I know and what I don't know...and from what I hear, is very willing to give me ALL of her lesson plans. I honestly can tell you that this is a blessing from God because the whole way I found out about this job, applied for this job, got interviews, and finally received this job was nothing short of a miracle! That being said, Kody and I feel rich haha! It's amazing to go through college and come out the other side with a job that you are extremely excited to have. I'll also be the advisor for HOSA, which should fit nicely with the two classes I'll be teaching! It'll be nice to be able to teach, as well as get involved in an extra activity right off the bat! Anywho, I thought I'd share the good news with you all...and any of you Utahans that can share any knowledge you have about Cottonwood with me would be greatly appreciated!

*Cheers*

1 comment: