Monday, April 22, 2013

Miscellany Monday...

Who are we kidding, many of my posts have a "Miscellany Monday" vibe to them. At least now I have an excuse! 

1. We have traded the Naked drinks for real vegetable/fruit smoothies. We realized once we bought the Naked drinks, they were heavy on the fruit and not so much with the vegetables. K is trying to talk me into getting a Blendtec. He went so far as to show me several YouTube videos demonstrating the greatness that is the Blendtec. Men have a way of taking the simplest kitchen appliance and turning it into a 3 million horse power machine...it's actually pretty impressive.


Bonus: J LOVES the smoothies. Where did this child come from? I'm not sure, but I like her.


2a. J's toddler-isms are increasing in number at a remarkable rate. She's a pretty funny and quirky kid...I like it! Sometimes when we say it's time for bed, she starts grabbing random objects and running for her bed. This particular night, the objects of choice were every. single. couch pillow. She throws them in there and asks to be put into bed.





2b. Sometimes I go to put on my shoes and find little surprises.

Anyone know a good remedy for cleaning those suede-like shoes? I tried the Nuskin shoe cleaner on a different pair and it made it look bad. These are my favorite shoes ever, so I'm afraid to ruin them.

2c. Even little lambs need to be buckled in when they eat. Side note: My late Grandma Cora collected stuffed animal lambs because she grew up on a sheep ranch. When she died, each grandchild received one of her lambs. She died when I was pregnant with J and I've always felt they had some sort of connection with each other, like they met before J came to earth...or J sort of took her place? That sounds a bit hippie-ish, but I think you catch my drift. J has always taken a special interest in her lamb "Lola" and it has slept in her crib every nights since we brought her home from the hospital.


2d. This kid can get down like no one else I've ever known. Sorry for my mom-singing-voice. She likes to combine these two songs--a little remix, if you will. Also, at the end she comes to blow raspberries (they're called Philburts (Filburts?) in our house. Just realizing I've never actually typed that word out!) on my face--as is custom at the end of any song..?


3. I can usually stay pretty strong at Costco. I eat the samples and move along. Today, they got me! Not only did they get me, they got J too. We were loving these things. Not healthy in anyway, but a wonderful blend of sweet and spicy.


 Of course, if you're anything like me, you'll eat them like this. 
I'm such a wimp with spicy food. These were too spicy for me!




Pretty much all my link-ups I find from my friend, Whitney's blog. Go check her out, she's the bomb dot com. <---I felt a need to use this saying since we've been friends since high school...throwing it way back!

5 comments:

  1. haha love the throwback, making me lol ha.

    What's with kids and smoothies, Riggs loves them too! Even the 'gross' ones (we tried an avocado smoothie. I could barely get one mouthful down. Riggs gobbled it all up. weird.)

    And I love link-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh PS. Wish you still lived in Alaska so I could add you to the Alaska Blog Network - so even though you just moved, maybe you should just pack up and move back here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I was so happy for you/bummed for me when I saw that! It's a great idea, though!

      Delete
  3. What do you put in your veggie smoothie? Do you have any recipes?
    -Krista from Utah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krista! We don't do anything too over the top. We always have a handful+ of spinach, 1/2+ a banana (to add some sweetness) and then whatever else we feel like for that day. Usually we add some frozen strawberries or another berry mix (I buy mine from Costco). We try to only add about 1/2 cup of water instead of juice to keep it as clean as possible. This week I saw a 100% carrot juice at Costco ($7 for three 32 oz bottles!), so we added that instead of water. The juice itself would be so gross to drink alone, but in the smoothies it's not bad at all! We've also been experimenting with apples. We've found we like green apples in the smoothies better than red.

      Let me know if you try it! I always love to hear what other people are putting in theirs!

      Delete